Powered By Blogger

Shangri-La

Shangri-La
Own country

Who am I @@@...........???

My photo
Kanglung, Trashigang, Bhutan
Honest,amiable,truth seeking, hesitant, humane, broad minded, erratic, whimsical, eccentric, unconventional, rebellious.

Thursday, August 26, 2010

My understanding of Teaching Practice

I personally believe that it is indeed more than a golden opportunity in our lives to prove ourselves as the competent human beings. It is exact period where we the trainee teachers can put the theories of teaching into real practice in the schools, which seems to be a bag full of questions.

It may be or may not be a cup of tea. Teaching practice unlocks the door to the unique platform of life in which we are being eyed upon differently by the world.
Teaching practice decorates us with ample of flowery words like role models, noble men, God of gods, social animator and so on. I am sorry to share this simple doubt “Am I really destined to be a teacher or is it just going to be a simple play of my life?” How many of s really confident about the expectation of the world?
Therefore, teaching practice temporally permits us to our relatively permanent seat. It is right time to see the future and eventually it’s all upon us whether to welcome it or not.

History of Thinleygang School

I am just below Dochula



I am a hereditary of Bhutanese Education and have a close relationship with Samtse College of Education. It’s my greatest boon to be born in the blissful hamlet of Thinleygang where so many preachers had once visited. It’s just a one and half hour drive from capital and thirty minutes from wangdue Phodrang and Punakha. But remember to be little careful for the road is not as good as before due to construction works. On the way you will completely forget the meaning of boredom in your life since the Shangri-La of Dochula feels the touch of heaven and view from it will be the perfect guides to your destination. I am just below Dochula. My neighbors are Talo Dratshang, Nalada Dratshang, Pamala hotel and Botanical garden. Almost all the tourist visit firstly my hamlet; Dochula for its beauty and religious ground.

I am thirty four years younger than Samtse College of Education


I was born with only handful of teachers and hundreds of learner in the year 2001 and named as Thinleygang high school. I could not hold many responsibilities for I was very young and innocent. Now, since I am grown up and have enough experiences, I am bestowed with many crucial responsibilities of the country. I give education for the learners from class seven till ten and even I used to train some of the trainees from teaching Colleges. Today, I enjoy the pride of having more than three hundred learners with twenty staffs directed by a dynamic leader. Day by day, I am growing up with new construction of buildings and sports facilities, which in turn enhances my dreams and aspirations to produce the most productive GNH students to serve the TSA WA SUM

My first day in School

Amidst the cold winter, the bus rushed its way from Gelephu to Thimphu reaching me only at 4.00 pm as journey begun at morning 7.00am. The soft cushioned seats in the bus failed to answer my queries. I leaned on the seats eye closed but with open mind. The following questions charged me now and again. Which place is called Thinleygang? How successful would I be in practicing skills and strategies? Would the school supply me with necessary teaching materials? Should I be so close with teachers and students or draw a line of relationship with them? How would I help the school in other areas? Will it be a memorable thing for me or not? I was fully preoccupied with all those stuffs. The very reason that made me uneasy in the cozy bus was where is Thinleygang? I had to enquire bus conductor whether I was reaching Thinleygang or not at every small town I see because I heard that Thinleygang got a small line shops. I wondered ‘Is this the way how Lord Buddha had analyzed the life and got enlightened?’ I was filled with voiceless laughter.

Certainly on 10th February 2009, I made my way to the school, which is just a stone throw distance from my rented house where two rooms were occupied along with two friends of mine. At 8.25am.in the morning, first academic year of 2009 began with long ringing bell of assembly. I could hear the irregular throbbing of my heart beat against the chest and relized that facing a crowd is not piece of cake I could take. Slowly I murmured to the crowd of my purpose to be here and identity.
Soon, I saw myself as a tiny figure in the class that I suppose to teach. It was unusual to see students with hyperactive and enthusiastic to learn. But when I was a Boss, I was Boss. So, I took just couple of minutes in familiarizing them to the subject. Thereafter I played my world. I was never for the long introductory session and I attempted to deliver a conditional speech so as to make the aware of my expectations from them as follow: “Hello my students, my six months of stay here should prove that I am progressing for my professional. I f you possess too high expectations from me, I would rather request you to make it nominal and vice versa. You should know that I am not placed here because of my unexceptional talent in teaching. I am here for learning myself. I perceive myself of having more rooms for patience but men with certain limitations.I do not expect anything grand from you all other than a sincere cooperation. We shall always believe in reciprocal teaching. Please help me to help you.” Suddenly, one gentle boy smartly stood up and said that he liked my way of smiling. Whole class broke out into laughter and I responded with big smile that I smile for many purposes.

My mentor, really a mentor.

Yes, she was more than the mentor, indeed I describe her as the ‘Perfect mentor.’ My mentor was so tactful in molding me. By her appearance one may read her as little serious and particular. But, you will come to know the beautiful truth if you could talk with her for a day. I was very much moved by the teaching skill of Principal that full energy and zeal possess in his teaching motivates the whole ship to sail. I cannot dream of forgetting the good communication skill of focal person. I mean to extend the appreciation of spoken English and his sociability.

Will continue……………………
Source: Tshering Tobgay’s 1 chapter of teaching journal.Cringtopguy@yahoo.com

2 comments: